Check out some of our Look Book photos for KA&D SUMMER 2013! Out now at http://www.koalaartanddesign.com/!!!
Being As An Ocean - “Nothing, Save The Power They’re Given” (Official Video) (by BeingAsAnOcean)
Who listens to Being As An Ocean?! I had a pleasant surprise a few weeks ago when a friend messaged me this video where I discovered that the drummer is wearing one of my KA&D Logo V-Necks! How awesome is that?! Check out this video and buy yourself a comfy logo V-Neck here KoalaArtAndDesign.com
Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/BeingAsAnOcean
Twitter Page: http://www.twitter.com/beingasanocean
Story Behind My Store
For anyone who has ever felt like the cards were stacked against you - you should take the time to read this piece Storenvy wrote about Koala Art & Design owner, Jamie. It touches on her medical struggles and the history of her company, but most importantly it shows that, regardless of your situation, you can make anything happen if you work hard for it.
I finally get a break from commission work! Update!
Hooray! Don’t worry, I will still be seriously busy with the new line and a few other projects I have in mind. So don’t go assuming just because I am not putting out design work or other commission jobs that its all bon bons and sitting on my ass!
Here is what the agenda is for the next few months:
- LAUNCH A SUPER AWESOME SUMMER 2013 LINE IN LATE MAY
- IT WILL INCLUDE custom fabric pieces… Ooooo Ahhhh
- Re-vamp the website
- Stockpile products for a few local summer vendor shows (oh my god, I might actually get to leave my house - if my medical problems permit) WHICH MEANS KOALA MIGHT BE OUT OF THE INTERNET for a little bit
- (starting a new medication, which is personal info, but as a lot of you might know by now, I have a harsh medical disorder which permits me from a lot of “normal” things and sometimes affects what I do)
- Start training a paid intern (because being a one man operation is starting to be way too much, which is amazing I can’t thank you guys enough for making it possible)
- Working on masses of new product ads, promo ads, working with more ladies and gentleman to expand on visual images more (fancy junk that you wanna save to your pictures folder)
- Start TWO new tangible paintings… that may or may not have their debut in the Summer 2013 Line
- Finish a personal project digital painting from last year (if I get time…)
- and probably some other stuff I can’t think of… ;)